Pradhan Mantri Gramin Awas Yojna Launched
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has launched the Pradhan Mantri Gramin Awas Yojana (PMAY-G), flagship housing for all scheme in Agra, Uttar Pradesh.
- Under PMAY-G Government aims to provide affordable, environmentally safe and secure pucca house to every rural household living below the poverty line by 2022.
- The unit cost for houses has been increased with convergence of a minimum support of nearly Rs. 1.5 lakh to Rs. 1.6 lakh to a household is available. If the beneficiary desires, then there is also a provision of Bank loan upto Rs. 70,000.
Thailand’s Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn was presented with the first ‘World Sanskrit Award’.
- Thailand’s Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn was presented with the first ‘World Sanskrit Award’ for her exemplary contribution for the promotion of the language for the year 2015.
- The award was instituted by the Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR). It was announced by the Union External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj during her inaugural address in the 16th World Sanskrit Conference in Bangkok in June 2015.
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has proposed the opening of “Islamic window”.
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has proposed the opening of “Islamic window” in conventional banks for “gradual” introduction of Sharia-compliant or interest-free banking in the country.
- Islamic or Sharia banking is a finance system based on the principles of not charging interest. The charging of interest is prohibited under Islam.
Twin Trial of Prithvi-II missile launched successfully
- The twin trial of surface-to-surface nuclear capable Prithvi-II missile was successfully conducted by the India Army from a test range at Chandipur in Odisha During the test, two Prithvi-II missiles in salvo mode were successfully test-fired in quick succession from mobile launcher from launch complex-3 of the Integrated Test Range (ITR).
- Earlier, similar twin trial was conducted by Indian Army in October 2009 from the same base.
- Prithvi-II is the first missile to be indigenously developed by the DRDO under the Integrated Guided Missile Development Programme. Range: It is surface-to-surface medium range ballistic missile with strike range of 350 km. Warheads: It is capable of carrying 500 kg to 1000 kg of conventional as well as nuclear warheads.
- It is single-stage liquid-fuelled.
The 47th edition of the International Film Festival of India (IFFI) began in Goa
- The 47th edition of the International Film Festival of India (IFFI) began in Goa. It is one of Asia’s oldest and India’s biggest film festival.
- This year over 300 films including 4 premieres, 6 international premieres, 26 Asian premieres 104 Indian premieres and Oscar-winning entries from nearly 90 countries will be screened. South Korea is the focus country of IFFI 2016.
- IFFI was founded in 1952 and is annually held in Goa.
Jaipur is on 23rd rank in State on Swach Bharat Mission (Rural)
- Open Defection Free Village (ODF) is the main component of Swachh Bharat Mission (Rural).
- Swachhdoot is deployed in Every District for effective implementation of the mission.
Zobner Agriculture University will get National Level Recognition
- Full Name- Sri Karan Narendra Agriculture University, Zobner, (Jaipur) established in 2013.
- Now, App for Parking space booking in Jaipur
- A new initiative by Jaipur Development Authority (JDA) to launch app for booking the Parking Space in selective places in the city.
- A code will be generated after the booking and sensor will be installed on locations.