PLAN OF EXAMINATION
1. The combined competitive examination comprises two successive stages :-
(1) State Services Preliminary Examination (Objective types) for selection of candidates for Main Examination, and
(2) State Services Main Examination (written and interview)for selection of candidates for the various categories of services and posts.
2. The preliminary examination will consist of two papers of objective type (multiple choice questions). Each paper will be set in accordance with the scheme given below :-
Paper I General Studies 2 hrs 200 Marks
Paper II General Aptitude Test 2 hrs 200 Marks
3. This Examination is meant to serve as a screening test only. On the basis of marks obtained in this examination candidates are declared qualified for Main Examination. Final selection list will be prepared only on the basis of marks obtained in Main Examination and Interview.
4. (1) Both the question papers will be of objective type (multiple choice questions). Each question will have four probable answers grouped under A, B, C and D of which only one will be the correct answer. The candidate is required to record in the answer book, only A, B, C or D as may be adjudged by him to be the correct answer.
(2) Each question papers will consist of 100 questions of 2 marks each. The total marks for each paper will be 200 and time duration for each paper will be of 2 hours.
(4) Each question paper will be in Hindi and English.
5. The number of candidates to be admitted to the Main Examination will be about Fifteen times the total number of vacancies to be filled in various categories of services and posts as indicated in the advertisement. Only those candidates who are declared by the Commission to have qualified in the preliminary examination under a particular advertisement will be eligible for admission to the Main Examination. To be eligible for main examination, candidates must secure a minimum of 40% marks in each question paper of preliminary examination. For Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe /Other Backward Class and Handicapped Candidates the minimum qualifying marks will be 30 %.
6. Main Examination will consist of a written examination and an interview test.
(1) Written Examination – The Written examination will consist of seven papers of conventional essay type questions as given below: –
(a) Compulsory Papers
Paper I General Studies 3 hrs. 300 Marks
Paper II General Studies 3 hrs. 300 Marks
Paper III General Hindi 3 hrs. 300 Marks
(b) Optional Papers Paper IV Any two subjects are to be selected (from the list of optional subjects set out in Para
7) each subject will have two papers. 3 hrs. 300 Marks for each paper Paper V Paper VI Paper VII
(2) Interview Test – The interview test will carry 250 marks. Note- Qualifying marks for interview for unreserved candidates will be at least 33% marks in each paper and candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe/ Other Backward Class and Physically Handicapped categories, these minimum qualifying marks would be 23%.
7. List of Optional Papers for Main Examination:
02 Animal Husbandary and Veterinary Science
05 Chemistry 06 Physics
09 Civil Engineering
10 Electrical Engineering
11 Mechanical Engineering
12 Commerce & Accountancy
17 Political Science and International Relations
18 Public Administration
20 Criminology and Forensic Science
24 Hindi literature
25 English literature
26 Sanskrit literature
27 Urdu literature
29 Military Science
8. Candidates will not be allowed to offer the following combination of subjects :-
(1) Political Science and International Relations and Public Administration.
(2) Anthropology and Sociology.
(3) Mathematics and Statistics.
(4) Agriculture and Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science.
(5) Of the engineering subjects, Viz. Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Mechanical Engineering not more than one subject.
(6) Of the literatures of Hindi, English, Sanskrit and Urdu Languages not more than one subject.
(1) Each paper will be of three hours duration.
(2) The question papers for the examination will be of conventional essay type.
(3) (a) Question papers other than language papers will be both in Hindi and English. Question papers of engineering subjects will be only in English.
(b) The candidates will have the option to answer the question papers in Hindi or English except in the case of language papers.
(4) Question No. 1 of each paper (Consisting 20 short answer questions each one is to be answered in one or two lines) will be Compulsory. Each question will carry 3 marks, maximum portion of the syllabi will be covered under these questions.
(1) Scaling system will be implemented question paper wise in optional subjects of the Main Examination. According to following formula:- Formula Scaled marks = M+(x-m)S/s such as M= Over all mean of non scaled marks (raw marks) of all question papers of all optional subjects of the Main Examination. x= Non scaled marks (raw marks) obtained by a candidate in a particular question paper of the Optional subject. m= mean of non scaled marks (raw marks) of a particular question paper of the Optional subject. S= Standard deviation of non scaled marks (raw marks) of all question papers of all optional subjects. s= Standard deviation of non scaled marks (raw marks) of a question paper of an optional subject.
(2) There will be no scaling of compulsory subjects. Merit list will be prepared on the basis of total actual marks of compulsory subjects and scaled marks of optional subjects. Number of candidates in merit list prepared in this way will be 3 times of the number of posts advertised in each category and the candidates having equal marks to that of the last selected candidate will be declared qualified for the interview. Non Scaled marks will not be communicated to Candidates.