Development of non-conventional sources of energy is of prime importance for the sustainable and inclusive growth in the state. Conventional energy resources are depleting at an accelerated rate and non-conventional resources could play a leading role in energy security in the state.
Non-Conventional energy resources could minimise the transmission cost and energy divide between the remote locations
- Rajasthan has a unique geographical location in the tropical climate which enables it with high solar radiation intensity throughout the year.
- Sky is clear with abundant sunlight for about 300 days a year
- Solar insulation is greater than 600 Kcal/ sq. cm. through out the state.
- solar energy could be used as heat energy or could be converted into electricity through photovoltic cells
- National Solar Mission
Various uses of solar energy are:-
- Solar Power thermal plants – such as at Mathania with help of world bank
- Solar Gasifier- Kota, Bharatpur, Hanumangarh and Lunkaransar
- Solar Milk Chilling Plant- Bharatpur
- Solar Cookers
- Solar Road Lights
- Solar water pumps
- Velocity of wind in Rajasthan is 10-20 Km/Hr which could be harnesed to produce wind energy.
- Wind mills and Aero generator are two means to utilize wing energy
- Wind mills:- Jaisalmer,Phalodi and Deogarh
- Aero Generator has been established in Jaisalmer.
- Mustard husk and Julieflora are the two main source of biomass energy in the state.
- Cities produce lot of bio degradable products which could be used in energy production as one established in Timarpur Delhi
ras free notes team will provide you in detailed notes for each topic of RAS RTS examination, please dont forget to subscribe RAS free notes for regular updates regarding RAS RTS Pre Examination Rajasthan Public Service Commission(RPSC), Ajmer. Here is RAS Pre GK, GS Paper 1 Solutions, Full Question Paper, Answer Key of RAS Pre Examination . For Results, Cut-Off Marks, Subject Papers. RAS Pre Question Paper Solutions. For More updates on RAS Pre 2012 Results Follow us on FACEBOOK OR GOOGLE+ For all Previous year RAS RTS Papers(1991-2012) visit: rasfreenotes.in RAS Exam Previous years Papers are completely solved along with sectional devision Ras RTS Mains exam .