Blood relation logical problems mainly deal with the hierarchical structure of a family i.e., grand-parents, parents and children etc. Different relationships between the family members of different generations will be given. To solve the questions related to blood relations, the entire family tree has to be drawn by putting the various relationships.
Pay particular attention to the information given in the question itself without your personal biases and pre- conceived notions and assumptions coming to the fore. Questions on Blood Relationship can he solved by any of the following method*
(i) deduction Method and
(ii) Pictorial Method
While attempting questions on Blood Relationship, first read all the pieces of information as quickly as possible and then point out the two persons between whom relationship isto be established Finally, try to eo-relate the given relationships While concluding relationship between two persons be careful about the sexes of the persons involved. Ma|ority of the students tend to define or derive relationship w ithout caring for sex of the persons.
In such problems, the aptitude of candidate is shown by the knowledge of the various blood relations. The typical relationships that are commonly used in blood relation problems are summarized as follows
- Father’s or Mother’s son = Brother
- Father’s or Mother’s daughter = Sister
- Father’s or Mother’s brother = Uncle
- Father’s or Mother’s sister = Aunt
- Father’s or Mother’s father = Grandfather
- Father’s or Mother’s mother = Grandmother
- Brother’s or Sister’s Son = Nephew
- Brother’s or Sister’s Daughter = Niece
- Uncle’s or Aunt’s son or daughter = Cousin
- Sister’s Husband = Brother-in-law
- Brother’s wife = Sister-in-law
- Son’s wife = Daughter-in-law
- Daughter’s Husband = Son-in-law
- Husband’s or wife’s sister = Sister-in-law
- Husband’s or wife’s Brother = Brother-in-law
To develop a blood relation tree, some standard symbols are used in this chapter to indicate the relationships among the family members. It is not compulsory to follow them, You can design your own symbols to draw the family tree quickly and accurately.