Police are one of the most ubiquitous organisations of the society. The policemen, therefore, happen to be the most visible representatives of the government. In an hour of need, danger, crisis and difficulty, when a citizen does not know, what to do and whom to approach, the police station and a policeman happen to be the most appropriate and approachable unit and person for him. The police are expected to be the most accessible, interactive and dynamic organisation of any society. Their roles, functions and duties in the society are natural to be varied, and multifarious on the one hand; and complicated, knotty and complex on the other. Broadly speaking the twin roles, which the police are expected to play in a society are maintenance of law and maintenance of order. However, the ramifications of these two duties are numerous, which result in making a large inventory of duties, functions, powers, roles and responsibilities of the police organisation.
The administration of the Police throughout a district or part thereof shall be fully vested in the superintendent of Police. His work is of varied nature and in doing it, he has the following essential roles :-
- to keep the district peaceful and the public satisfied with the security afforded to persons and property;
- to keep the force under control, in good discipline, well-trained, efficient and contented;
- to maintain cordial relations with the magistracy and other officials and non-officials;
- to ensure that the transport, arms and ammunition, stores and buildings belonging to the department are maintained in good condition;
- to promote good police-public relations;
- to organize good intelligence arrangements.
- To acquire full and detailed knowledge of the district and its current problems from the Police point of view;
- to participate, to the extent possible and permissible, in welfare activities sponsored by official and non-official agencies;
- to gain the confidence and loyalty of sub-ordinates by personal integrity, impartiality, devotion to duty, and a high sense of justice;
- to ensure by consistent supervision that the prevention, investigation and detection of crime in his district are properly and efficiently
- dealt with by the force under his command;
- to get to know all officers and men serving under him, redress their grievances if any, encourage those who are promising and effectively deal with those who are guilty of misconduct or remiss in the discharge of duty;
- to ensure the honesty and integrity of his subordinate officers;
- to study crimes and criminals in his district as a whole; and
- to pay surprise visits to the police stations at irregular intervals and check up whether officers and men are alert.
RAS Free Notes is team of dedicated faculty to provide specific guidence for all the papers of RAS/RTS Prelims and RAS/RTS Mains examination.
Our mission to realise the truth of digital india by guiding the students for various exams of RPSC, specifically for RAS/RTS Prelims and RAS/RTS Mains examination.
We provide the following programs for students:-