Rajasthan has a monopoly over the non-metallic mineral resources.
- Gypsum has great use in fertilizers,plaster of paris,cement,paints and medicine.
- Deposits of Gypsum are found in the Paleochannels ie the riverbeds of ancient rivers.
Different gypsum producing areas of state are:-
- Nagaur District
- Bikaner-Gangnagar District
- Churu District
- Jaisalmer-Jodhpur-Barmer Districts
- Mica forms a major constituent of pegmatites and is chiefly used in electrical insulation.
- The mazor mica producing belt of rajasthan runs from NE-SW direction
Major belts are:-
- North Eastern Mica Belts- Tonk and Jaipur
- South Western Mica Belt- Bhilwara and Rajsamand
- Scattered Mica Belt- Sikar
- Its used in Glass, Pottery and enamel industries.
- Rajasthan is the chief producer of felspar in the country
- Major areas are- Jaipur,Ajmer,Pali,Tonk and Sikar
- Its mainly an insulating mineral and is used for cement,roofing sheets and pipes.
- Kherwara and Rikhabdeo are the main areas of Abestos production
ras free notes team will provide you in detailed notes for each topic of RAS RTS examination, please dont forget to subscribe RAS free notes for regular updates regarding RAS RTS Pre Examination Rajasthan Public Service Commission(RPSC), Ajmer. Here is RAS Pre GK, GS Paper 1 Solutions, Full Question Paper, Answer Key of RAS Pre Examination . For Results, Cut-Off Marks, Subject Papers. RAS Pre Question Paper Solutions. For More updates on RAS Pre 2012 Results Follow us on FACEBOOK OR GOOGLE+ For all Previous year RAS RTS Papers(1991-2012) visit: rasfreenotes.in RAS Exam Previous years Papers are completely solved along with sectional devision Ras RTS Mains exam .