Citizens with disability
- Disability act 1955 clearly Mendes that public Roads, building and transportation should be made barrier free for person with disability.
- United Nations convention on the rights of person with disability 2007 recognised that basic human right and and accessibility are prerequisite.
- Sugamya Bharat accessible India campaign is launched by India
- National Building Code 2005 has specific provision for planning of building public building meant for use by physically challenged
- one of the feature of article 370 is that a Constitution Amendment becomes applicable to Jammu and Kashmir only after the president issue an order
- reservation in promotion is not applicable as the Supreme Court has barred such provisions in the judgement of Indira Sawhney case